Clause 1: Advisory CommitteeSection 2: DutiesThe Advisory Committee shall consist of such advisors as are required by the Standard Chapter Articles of association, at least one Scouting advisor, and any other advisors the Chapter deems necessary, as well as the current President of the Chapter and the immediate past president.Clause 2: Selection and Appointment of AdvisorsAt the second regular meeting of each fall semester, the Executive Committee shall submit a list of advisors to the Chapter for its approval. At this meeting the Chapter shall elect the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee by plurality vote. Advisors may be added to this list at any regular Chapter meeting.Clause 3: Term of OfficeAdvisors shall serve from the time of their approval by the Chapter for one year or until their successors have been appointed.Clause 4: VacanciesVacancies in the list of required advisory positions shall be filled as quickly as possible. If the Chair of the Advisory Committee should become vacant, an election for a new Chairperson shall be held at the next regular Chapter meeting at which a quorum prevails.Clause 5: Removal from OfficeAdvisors may be removed from office under the same rules as for removal of Chapter officers, except that a written copy of the charges against the Advisor shall be given to the President, the President shall preside over the impeachment proceedings, and the Executive Committee shall appoint a qualified individual to fill the advisory position in question until the proceedings are complete.
Clause 1: General Duties of AdvisorsIn addition to serving on the Advisory Committee, all advisors are ex-officio but non-voting members of all Standing Committees of the Chapter. They shall attend Chapter meetings as regularly as possible, and shall serve as personal advisors and counselors on Chapter matters at all times. It shall be the obligation of each advisor to transmit their current mailing address to the Vice-President of Membership.Clause 2: Faculty and Administration AdvisorsThe specific duties of the Faculty and Administration advisors are:Clause 3: Scouting Advisors
1) To encourage the Chapter members to develop and uphold high fraternal and scholastic standards.
2) To assist the Chapter in planning and executing projects which are of interest to the campus.
3) To assist with the recruitment of additional Faculty and Administration advisors.The specific duties of the Scouting Advisors are:Clause 4: Chairperson of the Advisory Committee
1) To encourage the Chapter members to develop and uphold the principles of Scouting.
2) To assist the Chapter in planning and executing projects which are of interest to the Scout movement and the community at large.In addition to any other duties as an advisor, the duties of the Chairperson of the Advisory Committee are:Clause 5: Duties of the Advisory Committee
1) To call and preside over all meetings of the Advisory Committee.
2) To call and preside over Special Chapter Meetings upon the written request of one fourth of the active membership.
3) To preside at Chapter meetings where impeachment charges against a Chapter officer are voted on, and at Chapter meetings where the suspension of a member is voted on.
4) To keep the Sectional Representative informed about the status and progress of the Chapter.The duties of the Advisory Committee are:
1) To meet, when necessary, for the purpose of advising the Chapter on its program and administration.
2) If necessary, to give leadership in starting the Chapters program at the beginning of the academic year.
3) To audit the Chapters financial books at the end of each semester and as otherwise required by the Chapter.
[Purpose of Bylaws]
[Meetings] [Elections] [Finances] [Rules] [Ratification] [Amendments]
Back to main page.